Terms of service
Please click on one of the underneath topics to read more about that topic.
- Linking to content that is in direct violation of the legal policy (namely torrents and streams of pirated content) is strictly prohibited, and magnet links will be removed.
- Linking to child pornography and other illegal pornography is strictly prohibited, and will be removed as soon as it is brought to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting or/and linking to doxes, infodumps, leaks, or other personal information is strictly prohibited (Example: Billy Noname lives at 13, Fake Street. He was born on the 1st of January 1900, and his email is Billy.Noname@Thisisntre.al)
- Spam and scam advertisement is strictly prohibited. Posts saying “Check out my YouTube channel/Soundcloud/Twitter/Facebook (etc)” are allowed however.
- Although it isn’t a rule, we do request that you try to post something meaningful or of as high of a quality as you can to contribute towards discussion, but other than that? Have fun. Go post “I don’t like the taste of trout” or something!
Legal Section & DMCA requests:
Outburst has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf). The appropriate email address to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement is listed at the end of this policy.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the appropriate email address listed below:
- An electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Outburst is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by Outburst:
It is Outburst's policy:
- To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- To notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- That repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to Outburst:
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to Outburst listed below:
- An electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- Content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Outburst is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received, Outburst may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our discretion.
When submitting your notification of claimed copyright infringement, please ensure the following criteria have been met:
- Your notice concerns copyrighted material that is hosted on a domain operated by Outburst, such as Outburst.it. We are unable to remove or disable access to copyrighted material located on other domains, such as those operated by third-parties who archive and re-host content originally posted to Outburst's website or services.
- Clearly note the specific location(s) — e.g. Outburst URL(s) — of the copyrighted material referenced in your notice.
- You understand that as permitted by law, we may forward a complete copy of your notice (including your name, contact information, et cetera) to the user(s) who submitted the copyrighted material referenced in your notice.
- You understand that you may be liable for damages (including Outburst's costs and attorneys' fees) if you make material misrepresentations in your notice or counter-notice, including your identifying information and if you misrepresent that the material is infringing your copyright. We reserve the right to seek and collect these damages.
All set? You can contact us at email@example.com - Please format your email header accordingly; "DMCA NOTICE - [SUBJECT HERE]"
Outburst collects the following data:
- Post ID
- Post content
- Post creation date
Outburst will never save any personal information that could identify you, such as your IP address or your browser fingerprint.